April 18, 2017
PUD BOARD MEETING AGENDA
April 18, 2017
1. 5 :30 pm: Regular Board Meeting
2. Approval of March 21, 2017 Minutes and Consent Agenda
3. Public Comment- 5 minute time limit per person
4. Ben Beseda – Engineer Report
5. Financial Reports Discussion
6. Jeb Miller – District Manager Report
TRAINING SEMINARS & CLASSES: Jeb and Nathan went to PNW A WW A conference in Pendleton. Brenton Adams will be taking his Water Distribution Test in June, and will take a short school provided by OA WU in Salem.
BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS:
PUD BOARD MEETING MINUTES
April 18, 2017
Board meeting called to order at 5:30pm by Mike Elmore.
PRESENT: Mike Elmore, Ralph Browning, Rod Peterson, Marla Skroch, Jeb Miller, Ben Beseda and Tom Peachey.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES AND AGENDA: Minutes were approved as presented.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: None
ENGINEER OF RECORD REPORT: Discussion items:
- City Site Team Meeting: No PUD Projects were on the last meeting agenda. Meetings have been taking place regularly with full and partial agendas.
- Georgia Vista Apartments: This is a two building of 10 units each apartment complex proposed on the west side of 10th Street across from Pomona Meadows. This development is in the planning review process with the city. I anticipate the developer will want to move rapidly to permitting for construction following the city approval. This will likely be a t least a two inch service.
- 6th and Snipes Street Hotel: No new news from last month. The owner is continuing to work on construction bids. No timetables yet for resumption of work on site or building permit application.
- ODOT Old Highway 30 New Chenowith Creek Bridge Project: This project is out to bid with the bid opening scheduled for this Thursday, April 20th. I have not received any questions from contractors yet on the PUD portion of the work.
- No other new projects have come up within the PUD.
FINANCIAL REPORTS: Mike Elmore made the comment that water sales were down. Jeb mentioned that due to the winter and wet spring no one has been using the water. Mike also asked about credit card reconciliation sheet. That was the credit card usage for the month. The question came up about the Audit. Mike had some concerns about the comments made from Friend and Reagan. Jeb said he could contact Nate Reagan and have the questions answered if need be. Mike also asked if we needed to get someone in to run the quick books. Jeb said he had Susie coming in to run the show. Tom Peachey suggested we get ahold of Mid-Columbia Council of Governments.
DISTRICT MANAGER’S REPORT: Jeb Miller presented his District Manager’s Report:
Haley has been in three months through Barret Business Services. The District will be bringing her on as of April 17, 2017. Jeb said he would be putting her on a three month probation period. After that the District would bring her on as a full time employee. Valves have been completed and the guy are starting to put meters in the ground. Jeb said he will be contacting Neptune soon and gets the ball rolling to get the new radio reads set up. Once that starts each field guy will meter read on their own. This will speed up the meter reading process and hopefully be able to read and send bill out the same day.
Jeb mentioned that the $87,280.00 for the Bridge crossing had been sent off.
That concluded the District Manager’s report.
OLD BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS: None.
TRAINING CLASSES AND SEMINARS: Nathan and Jeb went to the PNWAWWA conference and they enjoyed it. The completed there cross connection update. Brenton is signed up for short school and going to attempt his Distribution 1 test.
Board Comments: Marla wanted to let Jeb know that the board was just concerned that the financials where being taken care of.
With no further business the motion was made by Rod Peterson and seconded by Marla Skroch to adjourn the meeting 4 ayes, 0 nays. Submitted By: Jeb Miller, District Manager
Approved as to content at regular meeting held November . By: Mike Elmore, President Board of Director