August 16, 2016
PUD BOARD MEETING AGENDA
August 16, 2016
- 5:30 pm: Regular Board Meeting
- Approval of July 19, 2016 Minutes and Consent Agenda
- Public Comment â€“ 5 minute time limit per person
- Ben Beseda â€“ Engineer Report
- Financial Reports Discussion
- Jeb Miller â€“District Manager Report
TRAINING SEMINARS & CLASSES:
Bill VanEk attending OAWU Summer Classic August 22-26, 2016
BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS:
PUD BOARD MEETING MINUTES
August 16, 2016
Board meeting called to order at 5:31pm by Mike Elmore.
Mike Elmore, Rod Peterson, Tom Ashmore, Marla Skroch, Jeb Miller, Ben Beseda and Tom Peachey.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES AND AGENDA:
Minutes were approved as presented.
Mike Elmore suggested we change the agenda and talk about what Jeb has found with the Operations Summary. Jeb explained to the Board that the Operations Summary is date driven and by running the program with the right dates would cover our unaccounted for water. Jeb said he would look into this further with the next month to come and try to run past numbers for prior months.
ENGINEER OF RECORD REPORT:
Ben Beseda presented his Engineer of Record report.
- City Site Team Meeting: No PUD Projects were on the last meeting agenda. The most recent had several projects outside of the PUD service area.
- 2016 Projects: Brief discussion with Manager on 9th Street completion. TEC staff engineer to meet with Jeb to review asbuilts for 9th Street. We will complete asbuilt plans when both 8th and 9th Streets are complete.
- 6th and Snipes Street Hotel: The City has issued the formal land use approval for the project. Tenneson is working with to finalize the site layout, utility, grading and erosion control plans. The water meter size will be 2â€. I will work with the Manager to verify the SDC the project will need to pay.
- ODOT Old Highway 30 New Chenowith Creek Bridge Project: I have provided a cost estimate to ODOT for the Chenowith Water portion of the project. The estimate cost is $87,200. I also anticipate something o the order of 10% of the construction cost for Tenneson design work. The PUD via Tenneson will provide the plans sheets necessary for the waterline construction within ODOTâ€™s overall plan set. I met Monday with ODOT and City of The Dalles engineering staff to review here the PUD waterline will be located within the new bridge structure. The City has pressure sanitary sewer lines which also be suspended from the bridge. I have not yet received a copy of the â€Add Work Agreementâ€ from ODOT. The planned construction window for this project is July â€™15-August 1, 2017.
- Linda Heath RV Park: This is a 10 space RV Park proposed at 3821 West 10th Street. The property is on the east side of 10th Street just before crossing Chenoweth Creek. This proposal is set to be heard by the City Planning Commission at its meeting this Thursday. I have to have any discussions with the landowner related water needs for the park or fire protection. Plan review will follow the planning commission approval.
- Georgia Vista Apartments: This proposal is for two buildings of 10 units each across 10th Street from Pomona Meadows. This project has not yet applied for formal land use review with the City.
- No other new projects have come up within the PUD.
Financial reports were approved as presented.
DISTRICT MANAGERâ€™S REPORT:
Jeb Miller presented his District Managerâ€™s Report.
Dan at Asset called and asked if the District would be interested in putting towers on the PUDâ€™s reservoirs for internet use. Jeb explained that he was a little familiar with this and explained that the PUD cold benefit and could end up liable in certain aspects. Jeb was not happy with allowing access to the PUDâ€™s reservoirs and having a non-employee climbing the tanks. Tom Peachey explained the liabilities and talked about what options the PUD has. In the end of the conversation, Jeb said he would contact Dan and tell him that the property was an option to rent if he wanted but access to the reservoirs was denied.
Jeb talked about the meter replacement show and with the find of unaccounted water needed to go back to the drawing board. Jeb asked Tom Peachey if the District was required to go to bid if all existing meter were Neptune. Tom explained to Jeb that even staying with Neptune meters he should still send bid proposals out to suppliers of Neptune meters. With the unaccounted for water find, Jeb said he would be looking into other options for meter replacement.
Best Practices through SDIS required the District to present an Ethical Code of Conduct for 2% discount on the insurance premium. Resolution 2016-01 was presented to the Board and was moved by Marla Skroch to adopt Resolution 2016-01 Ethical Code of Conduct and seconded by Rod Peterson. Resolution 2016-01 was passed with 4 ayes and 0 nays.
Jeb presented the PowerPoint presentation showing the charts and graphs of water sold, revenue, water loss, revenue from unaccounted for water and totals for yearly water loss. Also included, Jeb had graphs on the elementary school usage for the past years and current month of July. He said he had been tracking water usage on a monthly base to determine water loss. He showed picture of the 9th Street Project and progress that had been made there.
That concluded the District Managerâ€™s report.
OLD BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS: None.
TRAINING CLASSES AND SEMINARS:
Bill will be attending the OAWU Summer Classic August 22-26, 2016.
With no further business the motion was made by Marla Skroch and seconded by Rod Peterson to adjourn the meeting 4 ayes, 0 nays.
Submitted By: _____________________________________________
Jeb Miller, District Manager
Approved as to content at regular meeting held September 20, 2016.
Mike Elmore, President Board of Director