May 16, 2017
PUD BOARD MEETING AGENDA
May 16, 2017
1. 5 :30 pm: Regular Board Meeting
2. Approval of April 18, 2017 Minutes and Consent Agenda
3. Public Comment- 5 minute time limit per person
4. Ben Beseda – Engineer Report
5. Financial Reports Discussion
6. Jeb Miller – District Manager Report
NEW BUSINESS: Presentation of the 2017/2018 proposed Budget.
TRAINING SEMINARS & CLASSES: Brenton Adams will be taking his Distribution 1 Test in the beginning of June.
BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS:
EXECUTIVE SESSION: ORS 192.660 (2)(A)(H)
PUD BOARD MEETING MINUTES
May 16, 2017
Board meeting called to order at 5:30pm by Mike Elmore.
PRESENT: Mike Elmore, Wendy Shoptaw, Rod Peterson, Marla Skroch, Jeb Miller, Ben Beseda and Tom Peachey.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES AND AGENDA: Minutes were approved as presented.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: None
ENGINEER OF RECORD REPORT: Discussion items:
- City Site Team Meeting: No PUD Projects were on the last meeting agenda. Meetings have been taking place regularly with full and partial agendas. At the meeting scheduled for this Thursday there will be discussion of proposed hotel at 2928 West 5th Street. This property is the next lot towards town on 5th Street from the Franz Bakery Outlet at 5th and Pomona. The property is currently owned Richco Investors.
- Georgia Vista Apartments: This is a two building of 10 units each apartment complex proposed on the west side of 10th Street across from Pomona Meadows. This development has received its planning approval from the city and is now in final design. The developer will go for permitting as soon as construction plans are complete. This will likely be a 1-1/2 or 2 inch service. The District Manager and I have been in discussion on SOC and connection fees.
- 6th and Snipes Street Hotel: No new news from last month. No time tables yet for resumption of work on site or building permit application.
- ODOT Old Highway 30 New Chenowith Creek Bridge Project: The project received only one bid which was well above the engineers estimate. ODOT is proceeding with award of the contract; the bidder was Wildish Standard Paving. ODOT has not informed us of the actual numbers for the bid items for which the District will be responsible. They did tell me the higher than anticipated costs were not on the Chenowith Creek Bridge component of the project. I will pass on the actual bid numbers as soon I have received them.
- No other new projects have come up within the PUD.
FINANCIAL REPORTS: None
DISTRICT MANAGER’S REPORT: Jeb Miller presented his District Manager’s Report:
Meter show is going pretty good, the guys have been installing meters in route one. We have scheduled Steve Clark from Neptune meters to come in on June 5th to set up the new meter reading equipment. With the new radios in the ground the guys are going to want to have them up and running. ISO will be coming around again in August. Jeb met with Bob Palmer, Dave Anderson, and Ray Johnson about getting prepared for the inspection. Jeb said he would have the hydrants flowed for the first time this year before the inspection was scheduled to be done.
Susie who is working with the Districts financials is working out great. She will have unpaid bills list and copies of checks from the bank for board packets for now on. She has also been teaching Haley QuickBooks and she is starting to pick it up. Jeb asked the Board if they would be willing to add Long Term Disability to our insurance plan. The Long Term Disability would add $15 dollars to each employee per month. The Board had no problem with adding Long Term Disability to our insurance package.
That concluded the District Manager’s report.
OLD BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS: Presentation of the 2017/2018 Budget.
Executive Session: Started Executive Session at 6:25 PM and ended at 6:35 PM.
TRAINING CLASSES AND SEMINARS: Brenton will be taking his Distribution 1 test in July.
With no further business the motion was made by Rod Peterson and seconded by Wendy Shoptaw to adjourn the meeting 4 ayes, 0 nays. Submitted By: Jeb Miller, District Manager
Approved as to content at regular meeting held November . By : Mike Elmore, President Board of Director