January 17, 2017
PUD BOARD MEETING AGENDA
January 17, 2017
- 5:30 pm: Regular Board Meeting
- Approval of December 20, 2016 Minutes and Consent Agenda
- Public Comment â€“ 5 minute time limit per person
- Ben Beseda â€“ Engineer Report
- Financial Reports Discussion
- Jeb Miller â€“District Manager Report
SWEARING IN OF NEW BOARD MEMBERS.
ACCEPTANCE OF METER BID PROPOSAL.
TRAINING SEMINARS & CLASSES:
BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS:
PUD BOARD MEETING MINUTES
January 17, 2017
Board meeting called to order at 5:31pm by Mike Elmore.
PRESENT: Mike Elmore, Ralph Browning, Rod Peterson, Marla Skroch, Jeb Miller, Ben Beseda and Tom Peachey.
Swearing in of New Members for Ralph Browning and Marla Skroch.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES AND AGENDA: Minutes were approved as presented.
GUESTS: Haley Weiler
PUBLIC COMMENTS: Haley announced that she was happy to be at Chenowith Water PUD.
ENGINEER OF RECORD REPORT: Discussion items:
- City Site Team Meeting: No PUD Projects were on the last meeting agenda. Meetings have been sporadic due to weather and holidays.
- Richman Elberta Street Partitions: Two partitions were recorded in 2016. Four additional partition applications are anticipated to follow shortly in 2017. This will in total create about 10 lots of about 8,000 SF in size, five on 14th and five on 15th The owner will then likely extend each street about 25 feet. This work will include water mainline extensions.
- 6th and Snipes Street Hotel: The owner is working on construction bids. No timetables yet for resumption of work on site or building permit application.
- ODOT Old Highway 30 New Chenowith Creek Bridge Project: The water system design is essentially complete to ODOT plan norms. We are now working on the specifications. We have received the Add-Work agreement from ODOT. This has been reviewed by Mr. Peachey and will designed and returned to ODOT shortly. The current estimated construction cost is $87,280. This is very close to what we previously had for a budget number. Now we just hope for good bids.
- No other new projects have come up within the PUD.
FINANCIAL REPORT No comment
DISTRICT MANAGER’S REPORT: Jeb Miller presented his District Manager’s Report:
Jeb mentioned that he was interested in looking at the connection fee account and what the money was for. Tom Peachey said that we would look into the account and see if the District could transfer the money to general. When a customer sets up a brand new account they pay a total of $4760.0.0 That total is broke down into SOC amount which is $3100.00, set up fee which can be $1500.00 or $500.00 depending on if the service line has already been installed . This amount of money has its own account and Jeb stated that he has never really understood why the District has a connection fee account. The other $160.00 is deposit and office set up fee. Tom and Jeb said they would look into being able to cancel this account and just put money into the general funds.
Northwest Hydrotec arrived to go over our cla valves. The District has Â¼ of the valves maintained each year.
Jeb said Haley is working out great. She is a much needed asset to the District.
Angie Wilson will be taking a job at The City of The Dalles. She has been coming in and doing the quick books side of the office and will not be able to help out any more. Jeb said that he was looking into hiring a part time person that knows quick books. Getting that position filled will allow the office to start running smooth again.
Meter reads will be estimated for the month of February. The District also estimated for the month of January, so Jeb said he was going to estimate at a 60% read rate. Which means the estimate will be judged by February 2016 at 60%. Jeb said if we estimated at 100% of 2016’s reads there would be a lot of over reads which would make it a mess for the month of March.
That concluded the District Manager’s report.
OLD BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS: Jeb announced that the meter bids had arrived and HD Supply had won the bid. The total was $119,562.50 for the first year, $114,412.50 for the second year, and 121,287.50 for the third year. The total for the whole replacement would be$355,262.50. Tom Peachey said we want to make sure that the one year bid was the only purchase we made so we don ‘t break the purchasing rule and to resend bid out next year for the second portion of the replacement program. Jeb said that the $119,562.50 would be the only purchase this year.
With a motion by Marla Skroch to accept the $119,562.50 for the first round of meters and seconded by Rod Peterson the first year of meters was passed.
TRAINING CLASSES AND SEMINARS: Brenton has classes for taking his Distribution 1 test which is scheduled for February 1, 2017.
Board Comments: None.
With no further business the motion was made by Marla Skroch and seconded by Tom Ashmore to adjourn the meeting 3 ayes, 0 nays. Approved as to content at regular meeting held November 15, 2016.