March 21, 2017
PUD BOARD MEETING AGENDA
March 21, 2017
1. 5 :30 pm: Regular Board Meeting
2. Approval of February 16, 2017 Minutes and Consent Agenda
3. Public Comment- 5 minute time limit per person
4. Ben Beseda – Engineer Report
5. Financial Reports Discussion
6. Jeb Miller – District Manager Report
NEW BUSINESS: ODOT has sent us a bill for $82,280.00 for bridge project. SWEARING IN OF NEW BOARD MEMBER, Wendy Shoptaw.
TRAINING SEMINARS & CLASSES:
BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS:
PUD BOARD MEETING MINUTES
March 21, 2017
Board meeting called to order at 5:30pm by Mike Elmore.
Mike Elmore, Ralph Browning, Rod Peterson, Marla Skroch, Wendy Shoptaw, Jeb Miller, Ben Beseda and Tom Peachey.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES AND AGENDA:
Minutes were approved as presented.
Swearing in of New Board Member: Wendy Shoptaw was sworn in as a new board member.
PUBLIC COMMENTS: None
ENGINEER OF RECORD REPORT:
- City Site Team Meeting: No PUD Projects were on the last meeting agenda.
Meetings have been taking place regularly with full and partial agendas.
- 6th and Snipes Street Hotel: No new news from last month. The owner is working on construction bids. No timetables yet for resumption of work on site or building permit application.
- ODOT Old Highway 30 New Chenowith Creek Bridge Project: The design plans and specifications have been completed and submitted in final form to ODOT. The project is set to advertise for bids on March 30th with bid opening on April 20th. ODOT has cautioned us to not answer any questions from bidders. The bidders need to go to ODOT who will then come to us if needed. Motion was made to have Jeb Spend $87,280.00 on the project. Motion made by Marla Skroch and seconded by Rod Peterson.
- No other new projects have come up within the PUD.
Marla was concerned that the budget numbers were way off considering the timing of the year. Jeb explained that the line items were off due to were purchases have been placed.
DISTRICT MANAGERâ€™S REPORT:
Jeb Miller presented his District Managerâ€™s Report:
Pat Ashmore got ahold of the District and has Wheeler communication installing a radio antenna on the fire pump building. Jeb told Pat to give him a heads up when they wanted to do the install. Tom Peachey suggested that we write up a letter of agreement from the City. Tom said he would take on getting ahold of the City.
Jeb presented a presentation to the Board with graphs and pictures of valve turning.
Jeb said the meter replacement show is going to be starting this next month.
That concluded the District Managerâ€™s report.
OLD BUSINESS: None.
NEW BUSINESS: None.
TRAINING CLASSES AND SEMINARS:
Brenton Adams didnâ€™t pass his Water 1 test and will be taking it again.
Board Comments: None.
With no further business the motion was made by Marla Skroch and seconded by Wendy Shoptaw to adjourn the meeting 4 ayes, 0 nays.
Submitted By: Jeb Miller, District Manager
Approved as to content at regular meeting held November .
By: Mike Elmore, President Board of Director